The script widget's purpose was to change all links in a Zazzle RSS feed's content so they included the given tracking code, the given voucher code and to change the thumbnail size.
This is good from three perpectives:
- one less link in the chain of requests and responses going from Nifty to Zazle and back, so things speed up some under normal conditions
- overall, one third the chance now of that chain getting broken when there are glitches at the Google widget end or the Zazzle RSS feed mechanim end of things
- Google operate a quota system on Google scripts. When they are exceeded, the script stops working until the next period starts. As Niftys become more popular there was going to come a time when this would be a problem. Not any more :)
Updated tools so far:
- Nifty Slideshow maker pages
- Nifty Slideshow displayer page (for social media links)
- The generated code snippet for putting Niftys on web sites / blogs
Still to do:
Marvin maker pageDone Marvin dislayer pageDone
The generated code snippet for putting Marvins on web sites / blogsDone
Other updates swept up on the way:
- Niftys now consistently respect international domains by not including US-only products for non-US visitors
- The number of products in collection-based slideshows now respects the &ps= setting
- The removal of US-only products happens after the &ps= has been accommodated.
This means you may end up getting fewer in your slideshow than requested, even though there may be more non-US products that would otherwise be avaliable.