Thursday 1 August 2013

Zazzle Storekeepers: More Power to your Promotional Elbow

I've recently been experimenting with two services to help me with my promotional efforts. One of them was featured on the BBC's Click tech show, IFTTT - If This Then That and the other is one I bumped into, Yahoo! Pipes.

IFTTT let's you build what they call recipes, that can be triggered by THIS and that goes on to do THAT.

The THIS part can be things like someone tagging you on Facebook, a change of status or you posting a link. And it's not limited to to just FB. It can be when an RSS Feed delivers a new item, when a new blog post matches a simple keyword and many, many other services on top.
The THAT part can be to make a new post on your blog, email a single recipient, tweet, post something to Facebook and, again, many many more. www.ifttt.com

I'll tell you about Yahoo! Pipes another time. If you're keen, have a look at pipes.yahoo.com yourself.

I guarantee that with a bit of practice, you'll be using these tools individually and maybe in conjunction with each other to give yourself / your brand / store a big promotions boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment moderation is switched on. Please wait till I've had a chance to review your comment and publish it. Thanks!